Shortly we launched Delegate365 version 3.6. There were some changes and more features added. In the administration menu the modules for assigning and unassigning have been combined, Administrators now can set their default values for creating users and the support address is now configurable.
- Administration: Assign: The assign module is used to set the OU for users, groups, contacts, etc.
Since we had many single modules for assigning objects to an OU…
…we decided to unite them into one new module “assign” which reduces the modules list in the administration menu (see also here).
Now there’s the selectable region and the assign-actions below. You can open the corresponding group to select the objects and then choose the OU for the assignment.
As before each object in D365 belongs to one OU (see also virtual OU’s for multiple management here - Important security change in group membership selections:).
With the new module it’s easy to select (unassigned) users, distribution groups, security groups, contacts, shared mailboxes and rooms to assign them to a specific OU.
Once that is done the items show up in the corresponding lists for the scope admins to manage.
- Administration: Unassign (New): The same goes with unassignment: If objects are assigned to a specific OU you can unassign them in the new “unassign” menu. This means Global Admins can “release” the management of objects like users, distribution groups and so on.
The unassignment works in the same way as the assignment process. Select the desired objects and click “Unassign”.
For binding objects into D365 management again, simply use the “Assign” function and vice versa.
The unassigment of all groups is a new feature in v3.6 and it makes sense that Global Admins now can simply (un)assign all users and groups in D365 as they wish.
- Administrator default properties for creating users: If Administrators create new users manually and they wish to set default values for some user properties now they can use the “Admin / Properties” feature located in the logged in user’s menu in the upper right corner.
Fill out the fields in the default properties form and switch the “Use default properties” to Yes.
Click “Save”. From now on, when creating a new user in D365 you will see that these fields are already filled out with the default values.
These default settings can be set individually by each admin.
This makes sense, especially for different regions. Define it once and use it automatically.
- Configurable Support: Global Admins now can define to which email address support request sent from D365 will be sent in the administration / configuration module.
Here exists a new region for “Support”. Fill in any email address and set the “Use support administrator” to Yes if you wish to use your own support email address.
If the “Use support administrator” setting is set to No, all support request are delivered to the D365 provider. In that case the support form shows our company “atwork information technology”.
If an admin opens a support case now the receiver of the support request is visible and shows the company’s own support email address.
The support is sent to the specified email address.
- Speed up Sync process: With D365 version 3.6 the Sync process now uses differential queries for getting all changes since the last Sync call. This is an internally improvement which means that with many objects in Azure Active Directory just the changed objects are delivered which results in much faster Syncing. Also the automatic Sync now uses this technics. With that feature we reduced the time and the traffic transported between AAD and D365.
All versions of Delegate365 have been updated to version 3.6 recently.
The next milestone is about to come soon!