Delegate365 version 3.1 brings improvements and new features. As already announced in Delegate365 version 3.1 outlook we have some new modules and an unified user interface. Here´s a list of the main changes.
- New: Unassign users in the administrator menu: With this new module users who are already assigned to an OU can be unassigned. This module is only available for portal admins and works exactly in the same way as the assign users module: Search the users, mark them and click the "Unassign" button.
This module was necessary because in the previous versions users could not be unassigned in the portal. Only assigned users can be managed in D365. Now unassigning puts the users back in the pool of unassigned users, if needed, they can be assigned again in the "assign user" module.
- New: Usage Location in Administrator´s management: When an admin creates new users he has to set a usage location. Since the country list is very long we decided to add the usage location per admin in the "manage administrators" menu. In there the default usage location (many companies have locations all over the world) can be set per admin. If this is done and the admin creates a new user in D365 the usage location is automatically preselected for his own country.
When creating new users in D365, Admins no longer need to scroll in the (long) list of countries to assign their own country for that user - the country is preselected.
- New logging: We have rebuilt the event source and the logging. Starting with this version all operations are logged in detail into a user friendly protocol list. Changed fields in the modules user, distribution groups and shared mailboxes are protocolled with the old and the new values into a field.
F.e. if licenses and the Display Name of an user were changed the protocol shows all changes with the new active licenses and the fields. The format goes as here: "License: [SKU-Name]; Plans:" with a list of the licenses separated with a comma, then a semicolon followed by "Field:", then the changed property "DisplayName," with "OldValue:" and "NewValue:" like here:
"License: Office License; Plans: Exchange Online (Plan 2), SharePoint Online (Plan 2), Office Web Apps, Lync Online (Plan 2), Office Professional Plus, Windows Azure Active Directory Rights; Field: DisplayName, OldValue: Garth Fort, NewValue: Garth M. Fort"
In our sample "Garth Fort" was renamed to "Garth. M. Fort" and got special licenses (plans) in the SKU "Office license" (which is a friendly name in D365 for an existing Office 365 plan (E3 here). Each changed field is appended with that pattern.
Portal admins get a new module in menu "administration / protocol". In there are several filters to define the timeframe, OU, admin, type and action of the protocol list. The list shows all changes like license, the main fields, OU changes and similar and can be exported as comma separated values list (CSV) file or as Excel file.
The filters help to get exactly the data you are looking for - as in every list.
The options allow filtering for operations a specific admin has made or everything happened in one OU and so on. In combination these filters are very powerful and deliver quick and instant data of logs.
With the protocol list portal admins can see all main operations happened in D365 in a specific timeframe. With the export function the protocol data can be further processed in other systems.
The old logging was not as detailed and was previously available for exporting only and is no longer functional. All actions are logged starting with version 3.1
- New reporting: The menu "reports / user management" shows an interactive summary of all users, users in OU´s, distribution groups and shared mailboxes.
When moving over a part this is highlighted and the inner circle shows the corresponding item with the number.
When clicking "View Details" the list of users, distribution groups or shared mailboxes follow.
- Internally D365 was completely rebuilt with more client side and asynchronous operations to have a good and continuous user experience. We also prepared the client for localization (which will happen in some future releases).
- Minor bugfixes (preselection of dropdowns, client validation, improving sync operations, etc.).
- The Help page (linkt in the right bottom corner) now shows the first steps for portal admins to have a quick step-by-step list a at glance for taking D365 into operation after the setup.
All versions of D365 have already been updated to version 3.1. Enjoy!