Delegate365 v9.2.4 is the latest update that brings new service health, guest user information, teams templates and other improvements. See the details here.
- Important: To upgrade to this version, Delegate365 setup must be run. We will inform all customers to make an appointment for the setup. This is required because the Delegate365 app needs additional permissions to read the service health (see below). Follow the steps at Delegate365-(Re)run the setup.
- The dashboard service health: As described at Delegate365 changelog 9.3-Service health, the old Microsoft Service Communications API has been retired by Microsoft. Therefore, the service health components in Delegate365 had to be changed. After the setup, the dashboard shows the service health properly again. The new service health shows more detailed information. Each service can be opened by clicking on it.
- New Health menu: The Health menu now includes the Service health (as in the dashboard) with status, overview and history, and the new Message center. The Service health is specific to your own Microsoft 365 tenant and provides up-to-date data on each cloud service for up to 60 days.
- New message center: Another new module is the Microsoft 365 message center that provides an overview of planned changes and how it may affect your tenant and services for up to 200 days.
The list can be filtered by Service, by Tag, and with a Search text.
Also, the messages can be opened by clicking on the item. Click outside of the panel to close the message.
- The user list explicitly shows guest users: The users list now shows a new column with the "User type". Internal users in your tenant have Member status, while external users have Guest status. The column "Type" has been renamed to "Mailbox type" (which can have User, Shared, Resource, and Equipment as value).
The export also includes this new column so it can be easily filtered.
- Guest user status: When a user is opened with Edit, the title now shows the Guest status as well. Guests who have been invited are given a status of PendingAcceptance,
Guests who have already accepted the invitation to the organization's tenant are given a status of Accepted.
Also, the date of the last status change is shown. This helps to identify inactive users.
- OU Assign/Unassign new filter: To filter users more easily, a filter for the user type was added in the OU / Assign and OU / Unassign module. This allows you to filter by members, guests, and all user types. The default is set to Members.
- Sync rules with comma as separator: All sync rules available for DisplayName now include a comma as a new separator. The OU name can also be extracted if the DisplayName of an object contains a "," between the OU name and the group name, like "New York,Human Resources".
- Create a new team with a teams template: Delegate365 allows to add teams templates that can be used for creating a new team and for converting a Microsoft 365 group to a team. See a description at Teams templates.
- Clone a team: This feature allows to duplicate an existing team with selected properties. See a description at Teams templates.
- Fix Add user to group: Previously, admins could add a user to a group that was assigned as Group OU only. The feature was recently added to users, but in this case this was incorrect as the intent for Group OU´s is to be read-only. This has been fixed, so that Group OU objects are no longer be available in that function.
- Fixes: Various minor fixes are included in this release.
This version will be updated in all Delegate365 tenants over the next month. New Delegate365 tenants will automatically get the latest version.